ChamberCustoms Transit | Glasgow Chamber of Commerce

ChamberCustoms Transit

ChamberCustoms Logo ChamberCustoms 2

Transit through Glasgow Chamber - ChamberCustoms and SGS!

We have a strong partnership that allows us to offer you an integrated service comprising Export and Transit documentation at the same time. ChamberCustoms will create Transit Declarations on your behalf using SGS TransitNet.

TransitNet is a global transit service offered to approved clients, where SGS acts as Principal* (holder of the procedure) and ChamberCustoms will be your agent.

ChamberCustoms will submit and monitor Transit declarations on your behalf.

ChamberCustoms will arrange comprehensive bank guarantees through SGS to cover your goods.

TransitNet operates under EU CT regulations and principles. During the onboarding procedure, we will gather information about your company, its trading activities and its directors. It is possible that in due course we will require additional information, especially in the case of large shipments requiring a high level of guarantee. 

What is a GVMR Document

The Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) is a United Kingdom (UK) Government IT platform used for customs clearances at some UK ports. GVMS was created on the back of Brexit and the UK’s exit from the European Union (EU) customs union and single market. GVMS is designed to facilitate the process of clearing UK customs for both imports and exports at specific UK ports.

List of ports using the Goods Vehicle Movement Service - GOV.UK ( 

What is T1?

T1 is a certificate used for the movement of non- community goods. The non-community status basically means that certain formalities have not yet been fulfilled and therefore, the product is under customs control. The formalities can be: the payment of import tax, for example. When certain goods need to be transported from A to C, sometimes the product must cross the border of country B. The T1 document tells customs that although the products may be physically present in country B, they are not yet cleared for public circulation. Therefore, they can be either transported between borders or stored in a bonded warehouse under customs control. Upon arrival at the end destination, the T1 document is settled, taxes will be charged, and the goods are cleared for circulation. 

What is T2? 

Community goods are from the EU or bought in the EU or are non-community goods that have been cleared (or imported from another country) to public circulation. These goods are ready to be redistributed. However, when transporting these to a country outside of the EU or to a Common Transit country (CT), a different form is needed. As these countries are not part of the EU, you’ll need the T2 form to declare the goods in the country of destination. 

What does “Union Transit” mean? 

Union Transit is a customs procedure that allows non-community goods to move between 2 points in the EU, while under customs control. The charges on these products are suspended and will be paid upon arrival at the destination. Upon payment, the goods will be cleared for circulation. 

Differences and Similarities

Basically, which document you should use depends on where you want to pay your customs duties. When you transport community goods from Italy to Switzerland for example, you pay your customs duties in the Exit country! Therefore, a T2 document is needed. Non-community goods travelling between different countries are under customs control and cannot be freely distributed. Until the T1 form has been secured, the goods are under customs control.

For more information, please contact Glasgow Chamber - ChamberCustoms.

Our Partners

© Copyright 2017 Glasgow Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce is British Chamber of Commerce Accredited.
Website by Beam Digital and Design. SEO by Boyd Digital