Transport Scotland announce COP26 Transport Plan
10 Sep 2021
Details of the impact of the conference on the city’s road network around the main venue, the SEC, and river restrictions have been announce by Transport Scotland.
These measures are needed to facilitate the safe delivery of the event and maintain the safety and security of participants, citizens and visitors:
- Congress Road: Road Closed 0600hrs 10th October to 0600hrs 17th November.
- Congress Way, Finnieston Quay, Tunnel Street, Stobcross Road (section Parallel to A814) and Castlebank Street: These road will be subject to lane restriction and road closures between the 17th to 23rd October. Full road closure 2100hrs 24th October to 0600hrs 21st November.
- Clyde Arc and Lancefield Quay: Road Closure 2100hrs 23rd October to 0600hrs Monday 15th November. Note Clyde Arc and Lancefield Quay will reopen to Service Buses Only at 0600hrs 24th October.
- Finnieston Street – Houldsworth Street to Lancefield Quay: Road Closure 2100hrs 24th October to 0600hrs Monday 15th November. Local Access southbound will be maintained until 28th October.
- Clydeside Expressway – Partick Interchange to Anderston (Jnct 19): Road Closure 2100hrs Saturday 23rd October to 0600hrs Monday 15th November.
- Minerva Street - West Greenhill Place: Road Closed 0600hrs 28th October to 0600hrs 13th November. Local Access maintained to private carparks maintained.
You can also visit the Get Ready Glasgow website for further details on road closures: