We're hiring! Glasgow Chamber is recruiting a Membership Manager
19 Mar 2018
Job Title: Membership Manager
Department: Commercial Team
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Hours: Full time (will look at alternate options dependent on candidate experience)
Contract: Two Years
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce is the leading independent business membership organisation in Glasgow and the wider city region and we are proud to be the catalysts for growth among our members of all sizes and across all sectors, as we champion the future prosperity of Glasgow at local, national and international levels.
We connect businesses through membership to make our city and surrounding area a better place to do business and we engage with local and national Government and offer the business community a strong and resolute voice.
With access to a varied and diverse membership base, working with Glasgow Chamber of Commerce is a career-enhancing opportunity to help make an impact within the Glasgow business community, within a supportive environment.
Reporting to and with the support of the Commercial Director, the Membership Manager will manage the membership department to drive lead generation, recruitment, account management and retention of members, with a particular focus on Leader level members for the Membership Manager. You will ensure our recruitment and retention targets are achieved.
- Develop and cultivate high level relationships at key employers, up to and including CEO level, to identify opportunities that will compel them to join the organisation.
- Devise and execute strategies to deliver Leader level membership recruitment, retention and income targets.
- Actively managing Leader Member expectations and demonstrating where value has been added.
- Utilise our CRM system to manage Leader level membership processes and record all engagement.
- Develop and manage a prospect database of potential Leader Members and engage with the pipeline in a structured manner.
- Utilise networking events to build new contacts.
- Identify opportunities and manage the process of upgrading members to Leader Members.
- Achieve delivery of personal and team targets for revenue from membership and any other services offered by the Chamber.
- Ensure membership retention targets are being met.
- Report on a regular basis against KPIs.
- Comply with all policies and procedures, including use of data and databases in relation to data protection.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Commercial Director and Senior Management team.
- Demonstrable track record in new business wins and account management.
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Refined interpersonal and networking skills.
- Experience of people management and development.
- Appreciation and understanding of the local business community.
- Build strong and effective personal working relationships.
- Manage time effectively and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Deliver outstanding service and support to external and internal customers.
Measurement and performance criteria:
- Use KPIs as set out and agreed in the Annual Business Plan to monitor Membership performance across recruitment, retention and financial.
- To monitor and review member feedback in a systematic way.
- To participate in bi-annual appraisal process.
- To manage, support and mentor the Membership Executive.
- To work closely and under the guidance of the Commercial Director.
- To manage/support and deliver to our stakeholders, key partners and sponsors expectations.
Other relevant job conditions:
- To attend appropriate Chamber events when required
- To participate in agreed training and personal development.
- To comply with the Chamber’s policies at all times.
- To maintain quality procedures relevant to your area of activity and responsibility.
Please email your cv and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 12.00 noon, Friday 23 March 2018
To view this job description as a PDF Click here