Why and how to do business in Germany
05 Apr 2018
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Scottish Enterprise, will be hosting an event on 25 April, to give practical advice on entering German markets.
The ‘Why and how to do business in Germany’ event, will give businesses in Glasgow the chance to hear first-hand from Scottish companies who have successfully entered the market and network.
- Germany has a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of more than €3 trillion. This makes it the largest economy in Europe and the fourth strongest economy in the world
- It is the 4th largest export market for Scotland
- It’s a similar market to the UK with similar business risks and requirements
- Germany has a very strong industrial base
- It hosts 65% of the world’s international trade fairs
- English is widely spoken and accepted as a business language
- Easy access to Eastern Europe
- There is a strong appetite for important Scottish sectors such as technology, engineering, life sciences, creative and digital services
To help you access the market, the event will provide:
- An overview of the market, including opportunities
- A case study of a company doing business in Germany
- Financial considerations
- Routes to market: finding an agent, distributor or a partner
You'll also hear about the proposed market visit to Germany in June 2018.
Spaces are limited so please register now to avoid disappointment.