Glasgow Science Centre - We're back!
29 Sep 2020
Get your dose of socially distanced science fun this October
We are delighted to let you know that Glasgow Science Centre will be reopening on the 3rd of October. To begin with, we will only be open on weekends and during the school holidays.
This means we will be open every weekend in October and for half term break, from the 9th to the 25th October inclusive.
Pre-booking your visit
Things are going to be slightly different when we reopen. Our top priority is the safety of our visitors and staff and we will be operating at a significantly reduced capacity. You will need to pre-book a time slot online for your visit. You can also pay for your car park and also book a meal in the café at the same time.
Online bookings are now open.
New safety measures at GSC
Our top priority when we reopen is to ensure everyone has a safe yet fun time at GSC. We want you to feel comfortable returning to visit and some of our new measures include but are not limited to:
- Visitor numbers are significantly reduced to support social distancing.
- All staff and visitors (over 5 years old) will be required to wear a face mask.
- Extensive regular cleaning in all areas including exhibits during opening times with cleaning schedules on display at all toilets.
- We are giving extra attention to high touch-points such as handrails, escalators, lift buttons and all hard surfaces.
- Hand sanitising stations are available for use by everyone in key areas around GSC.
- Social distancing must be adhered to (1 m in Café, 2m in all other areas) and socially distanced floor markers are in place in queuing areas.
- Sneeze screens have been installed at all till points.
- All transactions are either in advance or by card (ideally contactless). No cash will be accepted.
- Signage in place throughout the building to help guide you and maintain social distancing.
- Some exhibits have been relocated and signage will be in place to allow for social distancing when in use by one family at a time.
- The only gallery which will be fully closed is the “Big Explorer” on the first floor which includes our soft play area. The Planetarium and Science Show Theatre will also remain closed.
- We are operating a zero-tolerance policy to anyone who does not adhere to social distancing guidelines in place.
More details on our reopening plans can be found at the link below.
Glasgow Science Centre would like to extend our thanks to everyone for their continued support.
Your commitment helps us to deliver our charitable mission and your messages of support throughout our closure have meant so much to us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back!