Cash boost available to employers for apprenticeships
Published by Anne Marie Hughes on Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 22:14
Employers should be aware that the eligibility for a cash incentive to employ a Modern Apprentice has been broadened. For more information on the Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) phone Skills Development Scotland's Employer Helpline 0800 783 6000 or go to www.sds.co.uk/eri
What is ERI?
The Scottish Government's Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) is designed to encourage businesses to recruit eligible individuals by offering a cash incentive of up to £2000.
Who is eligible?
1. From 21 December 2011 onwards the ERI is available to employers recruiting a Modern Apprentice, who matches one of the following criteria:
- Any 16-19 year old who is recruited as a Modern Apprentice or has progressed to a Modern Apprenticeship.
- Individuals 20 years of age and over and three months unemployed starting a Modern Apprenticeship.
As well as the incentive, a funding contribution will also be made to the cost of training a Modern Apprentice.
2. ERI is also available to employers recruiting an employee, who matches one of the following criteria:
- All individuals progressing from a National Training Programme to a job
- All 16-24 year olds who have progressed to a job from specific employability provision delivered by Barnardos and Action for Children.
This development is great news for Scottish businesses and young people across the country. Members are encouraged to use this incentive to build a loyal and skilled workforce for the future and to share news of the incentive with their contacts.