John Lewis Glasgow unveils new Design Collective Initiative
Published by Anne Marie Hughes on Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 22:14
A new initiative which sees John Lewis collaborate with some of the best names in furniture and product design has been announced. The John Lewis Design Collective is a showcase of work by both established and emerging design talent, such as innovative Glaswegian textile designers Timorous Beasties whose range will be carried by the Glasgow branch. The designers have worked with the retailer to create well-made, stylish products, designed with the John Lewis customer in mind.
The Design Collective features an eclectic mix of exclusive products for the home which are characterised by their quality finish and design integrity. Timorous Beasties' hand-printed textiles in detailed 'line drawing' illustrative style are a highlight of the range, while John Lewis stores across the UK will also stock Glaswegian designer bluebellgray's handmade floral cushions, which are characterised by their lively watercolour brushstrokes.
The Design Collective range has an understated, sophisticated appeal, and the products are made with quality materials and finishes that show real craftsmanship.
Paula Nickolds, Home Buying Director, John Lewis, said: "Collaborating with established and emerging designers has always been at the heart of what we do and we're thrilled with our new Design Collective, which marries outstanding design with the quality, value and service our customers expect at John Lewis."
Some of the designers and their showcase items include:
- Innovative textiles from the Glaswegian design duo, Timorous Beasties
- The Ballet living and dining furniture, Cross Dining Table, Cross Sideboard and Profile Chair from British furniture designer, Matthew Hilton
- The Noah oak furniture from furniture designer, Bethan Gray
- The Mira bedroom, living and dining furniture range from leading Danish designer, Ebbe Gehl
- The Chicago range of barware pieces from renowned home interior designer, Nick Munro
- The Abbeywood cabinets and living room furniture from cabinet designer, Leonhard Pfeiffer
- 'Propeller' cutlery from ceramics designer, Robin Levien
- Wallpaper and rugs from talented textile designer, Maggie Levien
Isobel Gilmartin, home design adviser at John Lewis Glasgow, added: "I am excited about the products in the Design Collective range. Each item is synonymous with quality and design. Local designers Timorous Beasties' textiles, for example, are beautifully executed and adds a refreshing twist on a design classic. There's such a stylish Scottish undertone to all of their creations, which gives them real character.
"Glasgow-based Fi Douglas of bluebellgrey has such an innovative approach to textile design and that really shines in her fresh, colourful cushions. We hope John Lewis Glasgow customers are as impressed with the new Design Collective as we are and come for home inspiration."
Design Collective products will be identified in store with the Design Collective mark and label with the designer's signature.
For more information please visit John Lewis Glasgow, Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow, G1 2GF or visit www.johnlewis.com.