Glasgow Chamber Chief Executive to speak at High Speed Rail Summit
Published by Simon Gwynn on Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 22:10
Stuart Patrick, Chief Executive of Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, will be amongst the speakers at a conference that aims to make the case for High Speed Rail in Scotland.
The conference will take place on Tuesday 21 June in Edinburgh City Chambers and will be chaired by Lord Adonis, a former Secretary of State for Transport at Westminster.
Other speakers will include:
- Jacques Rabouel, Senior Consultant HSR, SYSTRA
- Julie Mills, Director, Greengauge21 - TBC
- Cllr Jenny Dawe, Leader, City of Edinburgh Council
- Cllr Alistair Watson, Convenor - Regeneration and Economy Committee, Glasgow City Council
- Peter Fuller, Associate Director of Public Transport, Halcrow
- Donald Anderson, Director Scotland, PPS
- Colin Stewart, Director, Global Rail Leader, Arup
- Nigel Foster, Transport Planning Practice Leader, Arup UK
- Cllr Tom Buchanan, Convenor of Economic Development Committee, City of Edinburgh Council
- Making the case for Scotland's involvement in the high speed network
- An update on the progress of HS2
- The business case for High Speed to Scotland
- Faster Scottish rail journeys - what is already being delivered and what value will it bring to Scotland's economy?
- HS2 development - What have we learned from HS1 / International case studies
- Scotland's HSR - technical and operating considerations
- Managing the politics of route development
- Overcoming the legal hurdles to development
More information can be found at: